Thursday, June 5, 2014

Jim
By Linda Hays-Gibbs
01/01/13

I cry for the Love
I cry for the pain of the love
I cry for the joy of the love
I cry for the surrender of the love
I cry for lost love
For
My Love

The wind that blew around us, scared us, scarred us
The heat and fire seared us,
Scorched us and burned
And we were afraid
My Love

 I cry for the memories that haunt us, healed us, helped us
The horrendous desperation of lost lovers
Withering
My Love


The many nights, days, years, that I carried you beneath my left breast and was comforted that you remained, if in splinters
My Love


As I walked the floor endless nights, endless days, in countries near and far, aching for you
Feeling your love through distance and time
My Love


A pain so deep it stays a lifetime remaining, sustaining, ravaging, and comforting, taunting, remembering, with a life of its own
My Love

I cry knowing she never loved you as I would have, could have and did even years apart, worlds unknown and infinity to the depths and heights of ecstasy
My Love

The battle scarred heart with lust filled memories of your touch, your tempting smile and your swaggering manner, your vanity
My Love

All that was you, bad and good, lost and found, below and around I loved, I adored
Though I never returned to you,
My Love

Return to me now in death and let me mourn, let  me hold your apparition, just a glimpsing part, a piece of my destiny, of what was meant to be,
My Love

That I let slither through my fingers never to be touched again in that secret part where
I held you dear and true and with honor within
My Love

Go my love into a lighter place where you will have no pain, go become what you were meant to be, love
My Love

I say goodbye with cry and despair, laughter and tears, and soul rending love through these years I say goodbye sweet one as you lay inside the quiet earth
I cry
My Love
My Love
My Love

No comments:

Post a Comment